Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ye Olde Opinion Box

And before I get started, I have to say that I just love this picture.  Show of hands: who would like to be this woman in this moment? *raises hand and waves it madly*  Vampires.  Yum.

Anyway, I need some help, as you may have surmised from my whiny title.  I'm supposed to do some erotic short stories.  Which is AWESOME, because hey, my books always get rated hot, so I should be able to stretch a little further, right?  But I would love to read some more erotic romance before I dive in so I have a better feel for the structure.  And...stuff.  So if you would, can any of you direct me to your favorite erotic short stories?  Even just your go-to author or authors.  There's so much available, I don't know which direction to go!  And over the last year, my reading time really took a beating.  Haven't managed to read much, though I THOROUGHLY enjoyed Olivia Cunning's Backstage Pass.  Rock Hard is next on my list, woohoo!  Though I'm not sure anything can surpass having music written all over your body while you...uh, what were we talking about?  Oh.  Um.  Anyway, today's an open call for suggestions.  What are you loving and just as importantly, why?  I'm interested to hear your answers!

In other news, my dogs are getting so big that I trip over them all the time.  Especially in their favorite room, the kitchen.  Trying to operate around a big, lumbering, hungry bear dog and his smaller but waaaaay more spastic companion has become...difficult.  They are right now trying to eat one another's faces directly beside my desk chair, which won't bother me until they try to knock me over.  Oh, and Stella has taken to stealing things off the counters when we're not looking.  Argh.  I still love them to pieces, by the way.  But the "big dogs" chapter of my life is thus far an interesting journey.  I've decided to give one of my next heroines a Newf sidekick.  It's gotta happen:-)

Have a great day!  

6 comments:

  1. What do you mean you're "supposed to" write some erotica? Your research will be lots of fun! Contemporary or Paranormal? Actually, I guess it doesn't matter too much for the sexytime-okay-so off the top of my head I gotta go with Lora Leigh (her Breed books and her Nauti Boy series) and Lorelei James (Rough Rider series [cowboys]). Megan Hart, specifically her book Stranger which has a lot of role playing sexiness. Gosh, I know there are more-I gotta go look at books to refresh my momory. I'll email you!

    Erotica, huh-you naughty girl, keeping secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be of help, I haven't read any erotica yet. I do have 1 book that is and I will read it eventually at that is "Unmasked" An Erotic Novel of the Phantom of the Opera by Colette Gale.
    I will read yours for sure when it comes out.

    I love the picture and yes I would love to trade places :) if only just for 1 night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Umm, well, the "supposed to" is a thing I was asked to do, potentially some erotic romance short stories...still has to be accepted, but I was specifically asked, sooo...hopefully it pans out! Will give you all details if/when I have 'em! Thanks for the suggestions!! They all sound good. I may be in the mood for a cowboy. Hmm:-)

    Hi Kristina! I have one book by Collette Gale that I loved, Bound by Honor. Haven't read the Phantom one...I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. It is a great picture, right? Yummy, yummy vampires:-)

    Apologies for being late in responding today...I was out for most of it, and I think the kids have finally managed to give me a cold. Nothing major, just tiring. I'm guzzling tea with honey at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Rubs hands together* You writing erotic short stories? Where's the line for this? LOL. I've been trying my hand at erotic short stories but get sidetracked easily. I now live in an apartment with two dogs and though one is not that big yet it feels like it because she's always getting in the way. (I think she's trying to purposely trip us LOL)

    As for author suggestions, Eden Bradley, Crystal Jordan, R.G. Alexander all have great short stories. (I got them off the bn.com website. They were all ebooks) Also I love Maya Banks. She has some great paranormal and contemporary short erotic stories.

    BTW I love that picture.

    *Votes to be the woman in the pic too*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing!! You my friend should have no trouble writing Erotic Short Stories. You know Cheryl and her Sextet are doing the same. She might be able to give you a few pointers. I like anything by Jaci Burton, Jenny Penn, Tory Richards ,Tymber Dalton has written some very great Erotic Shorts. And Helen Hardt can give you some pointers too. I could go on and on. I've read the Collette Gale "UnMasked" it was very erotic. But it ruined my Idea of the nice Head Mistress of the theatre in Phantom of the Opera forever. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ana, thanks! I knew you'd have some ideas! You live in an apartment with doggies now? What kind? That's awesome! And...I think they do purposely try to trip us, yes. There are LOTS of places that publish erotic short stories, trust me! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check 'em out.

    Donna, thanks for the faith:-) I was asked to come up with something, but no word yet on whether I'll be picked up. Even if not, I may try elsewhere anyway. Sounds so FUN, a new challenge. I am totally making Cheryl be a second set of eyes on my work. Her love scenes are truly awesome and HAWT. Thanks for the suggestions!! I have sooo much new reading material now, yay!

    ReplyDelete