Monday, August 15, 2011

Music Monday 8/15

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  We had a BIG thunderstorm last night, and our neighbor's house got hit by lightning.  So this is like the second time in two months that a house in here has been hit, and naturally, every fire truck in the county showed up.  No fire, fortunately.  I'm starting to worry that there's something about this neighborhood that attracts lightning!  At least the temps have cooled off. 

Anyway, since it's Music Monday, I have a couple of songs for you.  You get a bonus song this week, since I just hit up iTunes and downloaded a bunch of things, which means I can't decide what to share!  First up is Skylar Grey, who you may know as the haunting voice in Eminem's "I Need A Doctor".  Her solo album drops this fall, and I'm pretty excited about it.  I love female vocalists who sound like this:

Next up is some lovely yummy Britpop, which I have a serious weakness for.  This is Clare McGuire with "The Shield and the Sword".  She has such a cool voice.  Not sure about the dancers in the red leotards (I guess the point is that she's copying Gaga, Katy Perry, and...Adele, maybe?), but love the song:)

Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I love the music you post Kendra! I always get new music from you.

    ReplyDelete