Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Dog Blog

Happy Friday!  It had to be a dog blog today.  You'd understand if you could see the massive amounts of dog hair floating around here.  I'm not kidding...Chewie is blowing his coat, and I have never seen anything like it in all of my existence.  I've heard rumors of what it's like to live in an ocean of Newf hair...the actual experience is something else, though.  And yet, how can I be irritated when the source of the enormous fur-bunnies is this guy?
This is him begging for potato chips yesterday.  He's very hard to resist.  Or ignore.  And apart from him, we have his sister, Stella, who is NOT shedding much at present but is doing her level best to keep my attention in other ways. 

What a sweet face.  You'd never know that in the last week she has eaten two sticks of butter, a small container of leftover Hollandaise sauce, and large amounts of my youngest child's every breakfast.  Can you say "counter surfer"?  She also has such a spaz at feeding time that she often lands in her water dish (the water then landing everywhere else), she keeps delivering branches from my blackberry bushes to me, and there is a particular spot in the yard that she appears to have chosen for some sort of canine archaeological dig.  I'm sure it's very important.  So one of my Newfs thinks he's a bear only partially awakened from hibernation, and the other thinks she's a border collie.

They are currently piled up against my desk chair groaning at one another.

So how was everyone's week?  The writing has been slow (need to change that), but I've read a few books from my RWA stash.  Enjoyed The Fallen: Raziel by Kristina Douglas (actually Anne Stuart!), and The Princess in His Bed by Lila DiPasqua.  And now I'm going to finish Embers by Laura Bickle, which is very awesome thus far...I just got sidetracked because I didn't want to bring my Nook to the horse barn to read, so I grabbed something paper (and less destructable!) instead.  My poor Nook has a crack in the frame.  I suppose I'll use this as an excuse to get a Nook Color at Christmas:)

Read anything good lately?  Enjoy your weekend!  Oh, and check out this most excellent review of Dark Awakening at Reading Between the Wines HERE.  The site immediately won my heart because of the wine glass ratings, but it really is a great review.  My goodreads page for the book is making me very happy right now!

3 comments:

  1. Kendra and Chewie and Stella! I understand that look we had my son and his Dog Clutch(ShepaRD/PITBULL) over on The 4th of July. He has the best pleading Eyes. I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN'T RESIST HIM. Well I'm reading a crazy book "Tall, Dark, and Kilted by Alie Mackay about a Scottish highlander who was cursed for 700 yrs with a hard-on. Servicing women, with no realease. He managed to make a deal with his Master to give him some relief. So he was sent to a Castle called Dunroamin a old people's retirement home. The curse would be broken if he didn't sleep with a woman for a year. No problem! Until the young niece came to visit. Great Reviews might I add. I'm reading Dark Awakening next. Have a Nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great dogs Kendra. And it's a great review too. I'm still crossing my fingers to get to go to RWA next year but how can I when I don't write? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Donna! Aw, Clutch is a cute name for a dog. I'm terrible at resisting begging dogs. So of course they're usually all over me. That book sounds cute!! I'll have to check it out. Have a great weekend!

    Hi Ana:) Thanks! You should come to RWA regardless...it's excellent to get excited about writing too!

    ReplyDelete